ESP32 - Door Sensor Toggle Relay
This tutorial instructs you how to use ESP32 to toggle the relay's state each time door is closed.
We can extend this tutorial to use the door sensor to control a led strip, siren, light bulb, or actuator... by connnecting them to the relay.
Hardware Used In This Tutorial
|1||×||ESP-WROOM-32 Dev Module|
|1||×||Micro USB Cable|
|1||×||Warning Light Bright Waterproof|
|1||×||12V Power Adapter|
|1||×||(Optional) 5V Power Adapter|
|1||×||(Optional) DC Power Jack|
|1||×||(Optional) ESP32 Screw Terminal Adapter|
Introduction to Relay and Door Sensor
We have specific tutorials about relay and door sensor. Each tutorial contains detailed information and step-by-step instructions about hardware pinout, working principle, wiring connection to ESP32, ESP32 code... Learn more about them at the following links:
This image is created using Fritzing. Click to enlarge image
ESP32 Code - Door Sensor Toggles Relay
- If this is the first time you use ESP32, see how to setup environment for ESP32 on Arduino IDE.
- Do the wiring as above image.
- Connect the ESP32 board to your PC via a micro USB cable
- Open Arduino IDE on your PC.
- Select the right ESP32 board (e.g. ESP32 Dev Module) and COM port.
- Copy the above code and paste it to Arduino IDE.
- Compile and upload code to ESP32 board by clicking Upload button on Arduino IDE
- Move the magnet close to the reed switch and them move it far from the reed switch. Repeat this several times
- See the change of relay's state
Line-by-line Code Explanation
The above ESP32 code contains line-by-line explanation. Please read the comments in the code!
In the code, relayState = !relayState is equivalent to the following code:
Making video is a time-consuming work. If the video tutorial is necessary for your learning, please let us know by subscribing to our YouTube channel , If the demand for video is high, we will make the video tutorial.