ESP32 - Touch Sensor - Relay
We are going to learn how to:
- Turn on relay if the touch sensor is touched.
- Turn off relay if the touch sensor is NOT touched.
We will learn how to toggle relay each time touch sensor is touched in ESP32 - Touch Sensor Toggles Relay tutorial.
By connecting relay to light bulb, led strip, motor or actuator... We can use the touch sensor to control light bulb, led strip, motor or actuator...
|1||×||ESP-WROOM-32 Dev Module|
|1||×||Micro USB Cable|
|1||×||Warning Light Bright Waterproof|
|1||×||12V Power Adapter|
About Relay and Touch Sensor
If you do not have knowledge of relay and touch sensor (pinout, how they work, how to connect them to ESP32, how to program for them...), learn about them in the following tutorials:
Image is developed using Fritzing. Click to enlarge image
- If this is the first time you use ESP32, see how to setup environment for ESP32 on Arduino IDE
- Connect the ESP32 board to your PC via a micro USB cable
- Open Arduino IDE, select the right ESP32 board and COM port
- Copy the above code and paste it to Arduino IDE
- Click Upload button on Arduino IDE to compile and upload code to ESP32 board
- Touch and keep touching the touch sensor several seconds
- See the change of relay's state
Read the line-by-line explanation in comment lines of source code!
We are considering to make the video tutorials. If you think the video tutorials are essential, please subscribe to our YouTube channel to give us motivation for making the videos.
Touch Sensor and Relay on Commercial Products
※ NOTE THAT:
Note that this tutorial is incomplete. We will post on our Facebook Page when the tutorial is complete. Like it to get updated.