ESP32 - Door Sensor - Relay
This tutorial instructs you how to use ESP32 with door sensor and relay. In detail, ESP32 automatically turn relay on if the door is open and turn relay off if the door is closed.
For toggling relay each time door is closed, See ESP32 - Door Sensor Toggles Relay tutorial.
We can extend this tutorial to use the door sensor to control a led strip, siren, light bulb, or actuator... by connnecting them to the relay.
Hardware Used In This Tutorial
Or you can buy the following sensor kit:
|1||×||DIYables Sensor Kit 30 types, 69 units|
Introduction to Relay and Door Sensor
We have specific tutorials about relay and door sensor. Each tutorial contains detailed information and step-by-step instructions about hardware pinout, working principle, wiring connection to ESP32, ESP32 code... Learn more about them at the following links:
This image is created using Fritzing. Click to enlarge image
- If this is the first time you use ESP32, see how to setup environment for ESP32 on Arduino IDE.
- Do the wiring as above image.
- Connect the ESP32 board to your PC via a micro USB cable
- Open Arduino IDE on your PC.
- Select the right ESP32 board (e.g. ESP32 Dev Module) and COM port.
- Copy the above code and paste it to Arduino IDE.
- Compile and upload code to ESP32 board by clicking Upload button on Arduino IDE
- Move the magnet close to the reed switch and them move it far from the reed switch.
- See the change of relay's state
Line-by-line Code Explanation
The above ESP32 code contains line-by-line explanation. Please read the comments in the code!
Making video is a time-consuming work. If the video tutorial is necessary for your learning, please let us know by subscribing to our YouTube channel , If the demand for video is high, we will make the video tutorial.