ESP32 - Servo Motor controlled by Potentiometer
This tutorial instructs you how to use ESP32 with servo motor and potentiometer. In detail, the angle of a servo motor is in proportion with the value read from a potentiometer.
Hardware Used In This Tutorial
|1||×||ESP-WROOM-32 Dev Module|
|1||×||Micro USB Cable|
Introduction to Servo Motor and Potentiometer
We have specific tutorials about servo motor and potentiometer. Each tutorial contains detailed information and step-by-step instructions about hardware pinout, working principle, wiring connection to ESP32, ESP32 code... Learn more about them at the following links:
This image is created using Fritzing. Click to enlarge image
- If this is the first time you use ESP32, see how to setup environment for ESP32 on Arduino IDE.
- Do the wiring as above image.
- Connect the ESP32 board to your PC via a micro USB cable
- Open Arduino IDE on your PC.
- Select the right ESP32 board (e.g. ESP32 Dev Module) and COM port.
- Copy the above code and paste it to Arduino IDE.
- Compile and upload code to ESP32 board by clicking Upload button on Arduino IDE
- Open Serial Monitor on Arduino IDE
- Adjust the potentiometer
- See the servo motor's rotation
- See the result on Serial Monitor. It looks like the below:
Line-by-line Code Explanation
The above ESP32 code contains line-by-line explanation. Please read the comments in the code!
Making video is a time-consuming work. If the video tutorial is necessary for your learning, please let us know by subscribing to our YouTube channel , If the demand for video is high, we will make the video tutorial.
※ NOTE THAT:
Please note that this tutorial is under development. We will post on our Facebook Page when the tutorial is complete. Like it to get updated.