ESP32 - Light Sensor Triggers LED
In this tutorial, We are going to learn how to:
- If the light sensor's analog value is lower than a threshold, turn LED on
- If the light sensor's analog value is greater than a threshold, turn LED off
|1||×||ESP-WROOM-32 Dev Module|
|1||×||Micro USB Cable|
|1||×||220 ohm resistor|
|1||×||10 kΩ resistor|
About LED and Light Sensor
If you do not have knowledge of LED and light sensor (pinout, how they work, how to connect them to ESP32, how to program for them...), learn about them in the following tutorials:
Image is developed using Fritzing. Click to enlarge image
- If this is the first time you use ESP32, see how to setup environment for ESP32 on Arduino IDE
- Connect the ESP32 board to your PC via a micro USB cable
- Open Arduino IDE, select the right ESP32 board and COM port
- Copy the above code and paste it to Arduino IDE
- Click Upload button on Arduino IDE to compile and upload code to ESP32 board
- Radiates light to sensor
- See the change of LED's state
Read the line-by-line explanation in comment lines of source code!
We are considering to make the video tutorials. If you think the video tutorials are essential, please subscribe to our YouTube channel to give us motivation for making the videos.
Light Sensor and LED on Commercial Products
※ NOTE THAT:
Note that this tutorial is incomplete. We will post on our Facebook Page when the tutorial is complete. Like it to get updated.