ESP32 - Ultrasonic Sensor - Servo Motor
This tutorial instructs you how to use ESP32 with the potentiometer to control servo motor. In detail:
- The ESP32 automatically rotates a servo motor to 90° if an object is close to ultrasonic sensor
- The ESP32 automatically rotates a servo motor to back to 0° if an object is far from ultrasonic sensor
Hardware Used In This Tutorial
|1||×||ESP-WROOM-32 Dev Module|
|1||×||USB Cable Type-C|
|1||×||(Optional) DC Power Jack|
|1||×||(Recommended) ESP32 Screw Terminal Adapter|
Or you can buy the following sensor kit:
|1||×||DIYables Sensor Kit 30 types, 69 units|
Introduction to Servo Motor and Ultrasonic Sensor
We have specific tutorials about servo motor and ultrasonic sensor. Each tutorial contains detailed information and step-by-step instructions about hardware pinout, working principle, wiring connection to ESP32, ESP32 code... Learn more about them at the following links:
This image is created using Fritzing. Click to enlarge image
If you're unfamiliar with how to supply power to the ESP32 and other components, you can find guidance in the following tutorial: How to Power ESP32.
ESP32 Code - Ultrasonic Sensor Controls Servo Motor
- If this is the first time you use ESP32, see how to setup environment for ESP32 on Arduino IDE.
- Do the wiring as above image.
- Connect the ESP32 board to your PC via a micro USB cable
- Open Arduino IDE on your PC.
- Select the right ESP32 board (e.g. ESP32 Dev Module) and COM port.
- Click to the Libraries icon on the left bar of the Arduino IDE.
- Type ServoESP32 on the search box, then look for the servo library by Jaroslav Paral. Please be aware that both version 1.1.1 and 1.1.0 are affected by bugs. Kindly choose a different version.
- Click Install button to install servo motor library for ESP32.
- Copy the above code and paste it to Arduino IDE.
- Compile and upload code to ESP32 board by clicking Upload button on Arduino IDE
- Move your hand in front of sensor
- See the change of servo motor
Making video is a time-consuming work. If the video tutorial is necessary for your learning, please let us know by subscribing to our YouTube channel , If the demand for video is high, we will make the video tutorial.