ESP32 - Door Sensor Toggle LED
This tutorial instructs you how to use ESP32 to toggle LED each time door is closed.
Hardware Used In This Tutorial
|1||×||ESP-WROOM-32 Dev Module|
|1||×||Micro USB Cable|
|1||×||220 ohm resistor|
|1||×||(Optional) 5V Power Adapter|
|1||×||(Optional) DC Power Jack|
|1||×||(Optional) ESP32 Screw Terminal Adapter|
Introduction to LED and Door Sensor
We have specific tutorials about LED and door sensor. Each tutorial contains detailed information and step-by-step instructions about hardware pinout, working principle, wiring connection to ESP32, ESP32 code... Learn more about them at the following links:
This image is created using Fritzing. Click to enlarge image
ESP32 Code - Door Sensor Toggles LED
- If this is the first time you use ESP32, see how to setup environment for ESP32 on Arduino IDE.
- Do the wiring as above image.
- Connect the ESP32 board to your PC via a micro USB cable
- Open Arduino IDE on your PC.
- Select the right ESP32 board (e.g. ESP32 Dev Module) and COM port.
- Copy the above code and paste it to Arduino IDE.
- Compile and upload code to ESP32 board by clicking Upload button on Arduino IDE
- Move the magnet close to the reed switch and them move it far from the reed switch. Repeat this several times
- See the change of LED's state
Line-by-line Code Explanation
The above ESP32 code contains line-by-line explanation. Please read the comments in the code!
In the code, ledState = !ledState is equivalent to the following code:
Making video is a time-consuming work. If the video tutorial is necessary for your learning, please let us know by subscribing to our YouTube channel , If the demand for video is high, we will make the video tutorial.