ESP32 - Door Sensor Toggle LED
This tutorial instructs you how to use ESP32 to toggle LED each time door is closed.
Hardware Used In This Tutorial
|1||×||ESP-WROOM-32 Dev Module|
|1||×||USB Cable Type-C|
|1||×||220 ohm resistor|
|1||×||(Optional) DC Power Jack|
|1||×||(Recommended) ESP32 Screw Terminal Adapter|
Or you can buy the following sensor kit:
|1||×||DIYables Sensor Kit 30 types, 69 units|
Introduction to LED and Door Sensor
We have specific tutorials about LED and door sensor. Each tutorial contains detailed information and step-by-step instructions about hardware pinout, working principle, wiring connection to ESP32, ESP32 code... Learn more about them at the following links:
This image is created using Fritzing. Click to enlarge image
If you're unfamiliar with how to supply power to the ESP32 and other components, you can find guidance in the following tutorial: How to Power ESP32.
ESP32 Code - Door Sensor Toggles LED
- If this is the first time you use ESP32, see how to setup environment for ESP32 on Arduino IDE.
- Do the wiring as above image.
- Connect the ESP32 board to your PC via a micro USB cable
- Open Arduino IDE on your PC.
- Select the right ESP32 board (e.g. ESP32 Dev Module) and COM port.
- Copy the above code and paste it to Arduino IDE.
- Compile and upload code to ESP32 board by clicking Upload button on Arduino IDE
- Move the magnet close to the reed switch and them move it far from the reed switch. Repeat this several times
- See the change of LED's state
Line-by-line Code Explanation
The above ESP32 code contains line-by-line explanation. Please read the comments in the code!
In the code, ledState = !ledState is equivalent to the following code:
Making video is a time-consuming work. If the video tutorial is necessary for your learning, please let us know by subscribing to our YouTube channel , If the demand for video is high, we will make the video tutorial.