ESP32 - Keypad - Beep
This tutorial instructs you how to use generate a beep each time a key on keypad is pressed using ESP32, keypad and piezo buzzer.
Hardware Used In This Tutorial
|1||×||ESP-WROOM-32 Dev Module|
|1||×||USB Cable Type-C|
|1||×||Keypad 3x4 and 4x4 Kit|
|1||×||(Alternative) Keypad 3x4|
|1||×||(Alternative) Keypad 4x4|
|1||×||(Optional) DC Power Jack|
|1||×||(Recommended) ESP32 Screw Terminal Adapter|
Or you can buy the following sensor kit:
|1||×||DIYables Sensor Kit 30 types, 69 units|
Introduction to Keypad and Piezo Buzzer
We have specific tutorials about keypad and Piezo Buzzer. Each tutorial contains detailed information and step-by-step instructions about hardware pinout, working principle, wiring connection to ESP32, ESP32 code... Learn more about them at the following links:
Please note that this tutorial use 3-5V buzzer, but you can adapt it for 12v buzzer. you can learn about ESP32 - Buzzer tutorial
This image is created using Fritzing. Click to enlarge image
If you're unfamiliar with how to supply power to the ESP32 and other components, you can find guidance in the following tutorial: How to Power ESP32.
- If this is the first time you use ESP32, see how to setup environment for ESP32 on Arduino IDE.
- Do the wiring as above image.
- Connect the ESP32 board to your PC via a micro USB cable
- Open Arduino IDE on your PC.
- Select the right ESP32 board (e.g. ESP32 Dev Module) and COM port.
- On Arduino IDE, Navigate to Tools Manage Libraries
- Type “keypad” on the search box, then look for the keypad library by Mark Stanley, Alexander Brevig
- Click Install button to install keypad library.
- Type “ezBuzzer” on the search box, then look for the buzzer library by ESP32GetStarted
- Click Install button to install ezBuzzer library.
- Copy the above code and paste it to Arduino IDE.
- Compile and upload code to ESP32 board by clicking Upload button on Arduino IDE
- Press several keys on the keypad
- Listen to the beep and see the result in Serial Monitor
Line-by-line Code Explanation
The above ESP32 code contains line-by-line explanation. Please read the comments in the code!
Making video is a time-consuming work. If the video tutorial is necessary for your learning, please let us know by subscribing to our YouTube channel , If the demand for video is high, we will make the video tutorial.