ESP32 - Keypad - Beep
When a key on the keypad is pressed, the piezo buzzer beeps. Without delay() function for beeping, there is no keypad's press missed.
|1||×||ESP-WROOM-32 Dev Module|
|1||×||Micro USB Cable|
About Keypad and Piezo Buzzer
If you do not have knowledge of keypad and Piezo Buzzer (pinout, how they work, how to connect them to ESP32, how to program for them...), learn about them in the following tutorials:
The ezBuzzer library is designed for buzzer to beep or play memody without blocking other code.
Image is developed using Fritzing. Click to enlarge image
- If this is the first time you use ESP32, see how to setup environment for ESP32 on Arduino IDE
- Connect the ESP32 board to your PC via a micro USB cable
- Open Arduino IDE, select the right ESP32 board and COM port
- On Arduino IDE, Go to Tools Manage Libraries
- Search “keypad”, then find the keypad library by Mark Stanley, Alexander Brevig
- Click Install button to install keypad library.
- Search “ezBuzzer”, then find the buzzer library by ESP32GetStarted
- Click Install button to install ezBuzzer library.
- Copy the above code and paste it to Arduino IDE
- Click Upload button on Arduino IDE to compile and upload code to ESP32 board
- Press some keys on keypad
- Listen the beep and see the result in Serial Monitor
Read the line-by-line explanation in comment lines of source code!
We are considering to make the video tutorials. If you think the video tutorials are essential, please subscribe to our YouTube channel to give us motivation for making the videos.
Keypad and Piezo Buzzer on Commercial Products
※ NOTE THAT:
Note that this tutorial is incomplete. We will post on our Facebook Page when the tutorial is complete. Like it to get updated.