ESP32 - Keypad - Beep
This tutorial instructs you how to use generate a beep each time a key on keypad is pressed using ESP32, keypad and piezo buzzer.
Hardware Used In This Tutorial
|1||×||ESP-WROOM-32 Dev Module|
|1||×||Micro USB Cable|
Introduction to Keypad and Piezo Buzzer
We have specific tutorials about keypad and Piezo Buzzer. Each tutorial contains detailed information and step-by-step instructions about hardware pinout, working principle, wiring connection to ESP32, ESP32 code... Learn more about them at the following links:
This image is created using Fritzing. Click to enlarge image
- If this is the first time you use ESP32, see how to setup environment for ESP32 on Arduino IDE.
- Do the wiring as above image.
- Connect the ESP32 board to your PC via a micro USB cable
- Open Arduino IDE on your PC.
- Select the right ESP32 board (e.g. ESP32 Dev Module) and COM port.
- On Arduino IDE, Navigate to Tools Manage Libraries
- Type “keypad” on the search box, then look for the keypad library by Mark Stanley, Alexander Brevig
- Click Install button to install keypad library.
- Type “ezBuzzer” on the search box, then look for the buzzer library by ESP32GetStarted
- Click Install button to install ezBuzzer library.
- Copy the above code and paste it to Arduino IDE.
- Compile and upload code to ESP32 board by clicking Upload button on Arduino IDE
- Press several keys on the keypad
- Listen to the beep and see the result in Serial Monitor
Line-by-line Code Explanation
The above ESP32 code contains line-by-line explanation. Please read the comments in the code!
Making video is a time-consuming work. If the video tutorial is necessary for your learning, please let us know by subscribing to our YouTube channel , If the demand for video is high, we will make the video tutorial.
※ NOTE THAT:
Please note that this tutorial is under development. We will post on our Facebook Page when the tutorial is complete. Like it to get updated.