ESP32 - Potentiometer fade LED
This tutorial instructs you how to use ESP32 with the potentiometer to change the brightness of LED.
If you want to trigger LED when the voltage of potentiometer reaches a threshold, see ESP32 - potentiometer triggers LED tutorial
Hardware Used In This Tutorial
|1||×||ESP-WROOM-32 Dev Module|
|1||×||Micro USB Cable|
|1||×||220 ohm resistor|
Introduction to LED and Potentiometer
We have specific tutorials about LED and potentiometer. Each tutorial contains detailed information and step-by-step instructions about hardware pinout, working principle, wiring connection to ESP32, ESP32 code... Learn more about them at the following links:
This image is created using Fritzing. Click to enlarge image
How To Program
- Reads the input on analog pin (value between 0 and 4095)
- Scales it to brightness (value between 0 and 255)
- Sets the brightness LED
- If this is the first time you use ESP32, see how to setup environment for ESP32 on Arduino IDE.
- Copy the above code and paste it to Arduino IDE.
- Compile and upload code to ESP32 board by clicking Upload button on Arduino IDE
- Open Serial Monitor on Arduino IDE
- Rotate the potentiometer
- See the LED fading
- See the result on Serial Monitor. It looks like the below:
Making video is a time-consuming work. If the video tutorial is necessary for your learning, please let us know by subscribing to our YouTube channel , If the demand for video is high, we will make the video tutorial.