ESP32 - Button - Relay
This tutorial instructs you how to use ESP32 to control LED based on the pressing state of button. In detail:
- If a button is being pressed, ESP32 activates a relay
- If a button is NOT being pressed, ESP32 deactivates a relay
We also have another tutorial: ESP32 - Button Toggles Relay, which toggle relay's state between ON and OFF when the button is pressed.
We can extend this tutorial to use button to control a led strip, siren, light bulb, or motor... by connnecting them to the relay.
Hardware Used In This Tutorial
|1||×||ESP-WROOM-32 Dev Module|
|1||×||Micro USB Cable|
|1||×||Warning Light Bright Waterproof|
|1||×||12V Power Adapter|
- If this is the first time you use ESP32, see how to setup environment for ESP32 on Arduino IDE.
- Do the wiring as above image.
- Connect the ESP32 board to your PC via a micro USB cable
- Open Arduino IDE on your PC.
- Select the right ESP32 board (e.g. ESP32 Dev Module) and COM port.
- Copy the above code and paste it to Arduino IDE.
- Compile and upload code to ESP32 board by clicking Upload button on Arduino IDE
- Press and keep pressing the button several seconds
- See the change on the relay's state
Line-by-line Code Explanation
The above ESP32 code contains line-by-line explanation. Please read the comments in the code!
Making video is a time-consuming work. If the video tutorial is necessary for your learning, please let us know by subscribing to our YouTube channel , If the demand for video is high, we will make the video tutorial.