ESP32 - Automatic Irrigation System
This tutorial instructs you how to make an automatic irrigation system for the garden using ESP32, a soil moisture sensor, relay, and pump. In detail:
- When soil moisture is dry, ESP32 automatically turns a pump on to water plants.
- When soil moisture is wet, ESP32 automatically turns a pump off.
Hardware Used In This Tutorial
|1||×||ESP-WROOM-32 Dev Module|
|1||×||Micro USB Cable|
|1||×||Capacitive Soil Moisture Sensor|
|1||×||12V Power Adapter|
|1||×||DC Power Jack|
|1||×||(Optional) 5V Power Adapter|
|1||×||(Optional) ESP32 Screw Terminal Adapter|
Introduction to Soil Moisture Sensor and Pump
We have specific tutorials about soil moisture sensor and pump. Each tutorial contains detailed information and step-by-step instructions about hardware pinout, working principle, wiring connection to ESP32, ESP32 code... Learn more about them at the following links:
This image is created using Fritzing. Click to enlarge image
- Do calibration to determine the wet-dry THRESHOLD, see ESP32 - Calibrates Soil Moisture Sensor
- Update the calibrated THRESHOLD value in the code
- Open Serial Monitor on Arduino IDE
- Upload the code to ESP32 board
- See the result on Serial Monitor. It looks like the below:
Read the line-by-line explanation in the comment lines of the source code!
Making video is a time-consuming work. If the video tutorial is necessary for your learning, please let us know by subscribing to our YouTube channel , If the demand for video is high, we will make the video tutorial.